March Goals

March 02, 2017

Well we're another month into the year, and its time for me to set some new goals for the month. In my New Year post, I said that goals don't ned to be just for the New Year. Nope, you can make them any time of the year, which is why I've started preparing weekly and monthly goals for myself. 


It's one of my steps towards keeping organised while I'm at University - did you catch that post? - I'm making sure I'm staying on top of everything by creating some to-do lists and aims. It's a great way to keep track of everything that's going on, and making sure I don't forget one of my many to-dos. 




This month is jam packed full. It always gets this way at March. Deadlines galore, and no time to think about anything other than University. This year, the stress is even greater with a dissertation to write on top of all the other essays. 

So what's in store for this month?

Uni-wise...
The days are getting longer which means many more hours to spend in the library. I'm getting in for 9 each morning, and I'm staying later and later. But no pain, no gain. Within the next week I'm hoping to have written a first full draft of my dissertation, giving me the rest of the month to tweak and touch up all the mistakes that I've made. As well as create some super suave maps and diagrams to make it look pretty for the marker. 
Within the next week, I'll have handed in another essay, and will just have the remaining 3 bits of coursework to focus on. No rest for the wicked, eh?
Its my last full month of uni, so I'm going to put my heart and soul into it. I'd hate to look back and regret not spending that extra hour on an essay, so I'll be setting up camp in the library. 

Life-wise...
Aside from uni, I'm not going to have much of a life - or at least it feels that way at the moment! BUT  at the same time, I'm wanting to tick a few more things off of my Edinburgh Bucket List. This week I'll be officially accepting my place at Durham, meaning I'm moving away from Edinburgh this summer. I've got a couple of restaurants on my list that I'll be hitting up this month, as well as some activities that I'm wanting to do to relax - like taking walks at Dean Village or up Arthurs seat. 
I'm also keeping up my healthy lifestyle goals - I've been drinking more and more water (and taking lots more trips to the bathroom as a result) and I've been hitting the gym each week. 

Blog-wise...
In February I started to try my hardest to be an actual blogger. In the past I've been pretty rubbish at promoting my work, but in the last couple of weeks I've been sharing older posts, scheduling tweets and being productive about it all.  This month I'm going to try and continue this. I've noticed a huge difference in 1.5 weeks, so think what a whole month could do!? 

My social media goals are:
Twitter - Reach 900 followers
Instagram - Reach 1200 followers
Youtube - Reach 50 subs



I'll leave all my links below, so I'd love it if you checked them all out and follow/like/sub where you haven't already! 
I've also got a couple of events coming up this month, that I'll be sharing all over twitter and snap chat, so make sure you're keeping an eye out to see where I end up!

March - I'm ready for you.. I've changed my bedding, caught up with all my washing, and I've painted my nails, so bring it on...

Do you make monthly goals? What's on your list for this month?

Find me: 
Twitter @EmilyRJohnston
Snap Chat @Emilyrjohnston

Love, 
Emily 
xxx


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. This is really great goals for March. I hope you can achieved all your goals and best of luck for your Uni.

    Kintan XO,
    http://kintanfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great goals!I set long term goals for the whole year evry January1 :)

    xx
    lau
    www.malibluemymind.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if we don't count that I should study, my March goal are to lose 2 pounds, since prom is pretty close. I would love to work on my blog whenever I get the chance and I would love to reach 4k on Instagram.
    BS, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These goals are great! I believe that goals are something that should be made in order to get things done, or well - that's how it goes with me haha. :-) I'm setting monthly goals for my blog to stay on top of the things & since I started doing so I notoced a huge step forward with all. Goals are so useful!
    Good luck with these & I hope you'll achieve them all :-)

    ~ Jasmin N
    littlethingswithjassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals dear! Good luck in all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good goals! Good luck with them! :) I've only done yearly goals to blog but this idea of doing monthly goals seems fun! :)

    Nora / https://dreamerachiever.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goals tend to be more weekly-oriented rather than monthly. Sometimes things crop up as I have a husband, three kids, and two dogs, so hard monthly goals seem impossible at times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love preparing for the month. Makes you feel on top of things and definitely keeps you accountable. May you succeed and reach all of them....and more. :)

    xoxo
    KatrinaJeanCarter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck in reaching your goals. Scheduling older posts is good as your newer followers can read them, I've also been updating photos and SEO on mine too if I have time to make them fresher and easy to find. :)

    Denise | The Life of Dee

    ReplyDelete