FESTIVE FAVOURITES | Christmas Songs

December 15, 2016

We all have our festive favourites, don't we? A favourite Christmas scent, a favourite Christmas film, and a favourite Christmas jumper. It's little things that will bring a little smile when you smell, taste, hear it. Whenever I taste a mince pie, or smell cinnamon, I automatically think Christmas. 


One thing that I love about the Christmas season is the songs. Walking into shops and hearing the festive jingle of Christmas songs automatically brightens my mood. I find myself walking and singing along to each tune. It's a jolly time of the year and the music conveys all my happy emotions. Admit it, there's just some songs that you can't help yourself from bopping along to.

So today, I thought I'd share just a few of my favourite Christmas songs, so that you can listen along to them too and feel just as festive. The perfect Christmas playlist can make any walk, car ride or lazy afternoon even better and test out your vocal chords. So here are some of my favourites that I wouldn't dream of missing from my Festive Playlist.



Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas
It's a crowd pleaser, everyone loves a good singalong to this song. You'll cringe as everyone tries and fails to hit the high notes, but its such a fun song to shimmy along to.

Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
My all time favourite song, it's one to pour your heart and soul into as you repeatedly scream 'please' into your shower head. 

John Lennon - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
A classic, this is the tune I always start Christmas day to. It's heartfelt, its emotional, and it hilarious as everyone tries to reach the high notes that the choir of children can hit. 

The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping
Here's a good fun song, that you'll be stumbling over your tongue trying to keep up with all the words. It's a funny ol story, if you're able to stay on top of each verse.

Holy Night - Leona Lewis
Leona's Christmas album is filled with incredible songs, but for a slower song for you to sway along to then Holy Night is the perfect song to end the night.

Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
It literally sums up me - I do wish Christmas could be everyday, and this song sings of all the fun things that everyone loves about Christmastime. 

The Pogues - FairyTale of New York
This is the perfect duet song, pretend (or be) drunk and slur your way through this song, and put on some very questionable accents as you sing along. 

Michael Buble - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
It's the song that should start off every Christmas party, Michael's deep voice will make you smile, and the song will get you swinging ready for the Christmas season. 

Gary Glitter - Another Rock and Roll Christmas
The perfect song for a good dance. You can't help but swing, kick and twirl along to this classic tune.

Bing Crosby - White Christmas
Everyone's dreaming of a white Christmas - at least I am every year. Bing's voice is perfect for this song, you'll want to melt as sway along.

Those are just a few of my songs on my Christmas playlist (which at this point has over 200 songs - it needs to last the whole day!). What are your favourite songs this time of the year?

Love,
Emily
xxx

~ Latest Post - Casual \ Glam Christmas Dress ~

LAST DAY to enter my Christmas Giveaway, make sure you've given it a shot!  


You Might Also Like

0 comments