Casual / Glam Christmas Outfit

December 14, 2016

I've already lusted after dresses on boohoo, missguided and asos (and created huuuge shopping baskets). I've already shared my Christmas day dress. But I've still, somehow, got some Christmassy looks to show off on my 'What I Wore Wednesdays'.

November and December bring with them birthdays, get togethers and parties. Meaning I need to find that one dress that I can fit to each date, and not fill my wardrobe with dress after dress I'll never wear. This year, I surprisingly found that dress in Primark. I didn't expect to go in and find a dress I liked enough to buy for my parties, in fact I didn't even intend on spending any money there, but I did it. And I don't regret it one bit.



I picked up this gold dress knowing that I'd be able to style it in many different ways, and today I decided to share my way of making the statement dress, a little toned down and a wee bit more casual. Because even though Christmas is about the glitz and the glam, there calls for some occasions when you need to make it a little bit less fancy.



I've styled it with a topshop black t shirt (but really you can pick a black tee up anywhere) and have worn it with black tights. It makes it a little bit cosier for the cold December nights, when you don't want your pale legs on show. I've also worn it with my black heeled boots - also from Primark, but from years and years ago ( I also wore them for this OOTD ).



This outfit is comfortable, which is key since you'll be planning on dancing the night away. It's loose and not too clingy, meaning you don't have to worry about the inevitable food baby when you eat too many mince pies. Wearing a top underneath and a pair of tights gives it a little bit of warmth, which is much needed this time of the year. The top also saves your shoulders from being on show - I don't know about you, but I feel like covering the shoulders in a t-shirt or cardigan makes it a little bit more casual.



The dress has the added fun of having a slit up one leg. Don't worry - it's not too long or high, meaning you still feel modest, while showing off a little bit of your riskier side. (And it's got a petticoat underneath, so you're fully covered).

I can't wait to try out more styles with this dress - how would you style it?

Love,
Emily
xxx

~ Latest Post - Christmas Baking | Chocolate Orange Cake Recipe ~

You've only got one more day to enter my GIVEAWAY so make sure you've completed all your entries!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love this, the layered look is so cute! <3

    Andini xx | Adventures of an Anglophile 

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is so cute, and the black t-shirt underneath just makes it.

    emma.
    Not Copper Armour // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete