OOTD | Florals In The Sunshine

June 23, 2016

I recently went to a party in Edinburgh Zoo. Ever heard of partying with animals? Neither had I until the invite popped up in my emails. The party was fabulous - as you can imagine a reunion of school friends gathering to celebrate the birthdays of our friends would be - and was made all the more magical by being surrounded by animals. I even got to run out and say hello to a few,  now who would have expected being dressed up in heels and biding penguins a good night?




Of course for an occasion like this, a fancy outfit was needed and I went out to find the pick of the day. Dressing to impress is a must, and I was determined to find the killer outfit. Never did I expect to lay my hands on the outfit that I chose. As a rather short girl, I don't even bother looking at long skirts or dresses normally - they would dwarf me, and make me look like a little kid dressing up in her mum's wardrobe. But when I caught sight of this skirt - mid calf length  and made of a light floaty material - I couldn't stop imagining how grown up I'd feel in something a little bit longer. And right on the rack next to this gorgeous blue skirt was this floral crop top. They screamed try me on. So I did. And what can I say, I loved it!



For the party I paired the ensemble together with a pair of light pink heels - a sensible height for a night of ceilidh dancing, and with a thick heel for extra comfort. Is it lame that these things now matter to me? I've found myself lost in a world of asking whether I could wear flats to a club and when the answer is no, finding the most comfortable pair of heels to accompany me. I claim that its because I love to dance in clubs and heels just are not practical, but really its the thought of sore feet after wearing them for hours that puts me off. Please tell me I'm not the only one.



The total outfit came to  £38 ~ £24.99 for the skirt and £12.99 ~ a bargain if you ask me. It was a little more than I had planned to spend, but when I thought about the fact its two items, both of which can be worn with so many different things. Right now I'm imagining the skirt with a pair of brown sandals and a black top - very Louise Pentland-esk - to wear around on a summer evening here in Scotland. The top can be paired high waisted jeans to give off a 90s vibe. The options are endless.

What do you think? Have you found yourself a new piece that's a little out of your usual comfort zone but still makes you feel good? If not, I can't recommend it enough!

Love,
Emily
xxx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this outfit! The skirt is beautiful! I usually avoid that sort of length too for the same reasons but this Summer I am determined to be more adventurous. Not really practical often in Scotland though especially not the West! Xo

    misszarabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete